Friday, March 4, 2011

Eleven Weeks (Where does the time go?)

We started out the week with Addisen's two month doctor's appointment. I was sad to have to see her get her first set of vaccinations, but excited to hear how much she weighed! Our little girls is already up to 12 lbs 4.5oz (75th percentile), 24 inches long (90th percentile) and just like her brother her head is large (75th percentile). It is a little different having a bigger baby - Brody was always so skinny and we didn't have the rolls around his neck and thighs! Maybe this will mean that Addisen will be a better eater than Brody is!

This week Brody started his "Sports sampler" at the local YMCA. They started out with soccer and Brody really enjoyed the class. He wasn't willing to go out on the floor by himself, but as long as Jim was with him he did pretty well. I am looking forward to watching him try out golf, football, baseball and rock climbing in the coming weeks!

Many of you may not have known, but Dr. Seuss had a birthday on Wednesday! While at daycare Brody made a special hat, read some of his books and celebrated with a pizza party to honor the great guy!

This week Addisen's smiles have been coming more often and I have finally been able to capture a few more on film. She is doing pretty well with sleeping at night and seems to be getting on somewhat of a routine.
I took Addisen in to daycare this week to meet her teacher, Ms. Terry. She is the same woman that took care of Brody. I know that Addisen will be in good hands, but I think I am going to have a really hard time going back to work in another week! It just all seems a little overwhelming to me right now - I wish I could just get paid to stay home!

Addisen has really started to notice Brody a lot more. She loves to watch him and gives him a lot of smiles! He returns the love with squeeze hugs and kisses - he is such a great big brother (I hope they are this nice to each other in another year when she is on the move)!

No comments: