Addisen, Brody and I spent the week at Grandma and Bobo's because Jim had to travel for work. He was gone Monday - today and I just didn't think I would have much sanity left if I stayed here alone with the kids. I am glad that I ended up going because it ended up being a pretty sleepless week for Addisen! Just when we started to have 4-5 hour stretches at night she went back to 30 minute cycles! My mom and dad were life savers with taking care of Brody in the morning so I could at least get a few hours of sleep in.
Brody had a pretty fun week while we were there. Uncle Neal and Jenny took him to the local children's museum and out to lunch - he had a GREAT time with them! Grandma took him to the library for the first time and he came home with 3 books and 3 movies! Bobo took him to the local pet store and he got to see birds, turtles, frogs, snakes and even 2 potbelly pigs that were there shopping!
Of course he was also spoiled and enjoyed eating all the treats!
I was experimenting with pictures yesterday while we were at my parents - this is the only one that turned out!We picked Jim up at the airport this afternoon and Brody was excited to welcome him back with our sign! He kept yelling "Welcome to the airport daddy!" There were quite a few people that found him entertaining! We ended up having to wait about a half hour for Jim because his flight was delayed, so while Brody started to lose hope that his daddy was every going to come I suggested that we count. He counted to 5 and I said "Let's try to count higher", so Brody started to jump and count to 5...oh, how I forgot how literal a 3 year olds mind is!
Once Jim got there we went to the arcade for a few minutes and then to wait for Jim's luggage. Two of the pictures above are of Jim and Brody waiting at the baggage claim for his bag. The picture of Brody pointing is what he did to every bag that went by as he was asking "is that your bag?". I stood there and just chuckled to myself because I think he asked that question about 50 times before Jim's bag finally arrived!

No comments:
Post a Comment