Addisen is 7 weeks old today! I can't believe that much time has already gone by! I am over halfway done with my maternity leave now and can't even imagine leaving her! I thought it would be easier the second time around, but it definitely isn't going to be.

A lot of people have been asking if Addisen looks like Brody when he was a baby - so I decided to put a few comparison pictures up. As you can see they are two very different babies! The major thing they have in common is that they are good babies during the day and AWAKE babies at night!

This Wednesday we were hit with the blizzard of 2011! Jim had the duty of digging us and our neighbor out (her husband normally loves to snowplow, but he was on a business trip). As you can tell we got quite a bit of snow and it didn't help that it drifted A LOT!
Addisen has had a good week. The good news with her is that her jaundice has started to go away and that we figured out it was due to an interaction with the breast milk and her. So now she is on to bottle feeding! It seems like an abrupt end to our "bonding" time, but now Jim can share in the feeding responsibilities.
Last Saturday we headed to my parents for the first time since Addisen has been born. My mom and dad watched the kids and Jim and I went for a much needed night out. We had a great time celebrating the night with my brother and his girlfriend, Jenny.
I am getting everything packed up this afternoon to go and spend a week at my parents house. Jim has to go on his first trip since Addisen was born and will be gone for the whole week. I thought 5 days with no adult interaction might be a little too much for me, so I opted to take the kids to my parents. We will have a full car on the way there - but it will be a NEW one! Jim finally agreed with me to get a new car with more space and to our surprise it will be ready tonight! We will be driving in our new roomy Acadia with a 3rd row! Now Grandma and Bobo can ride with us instead of taking 2 cars everywhere!
This is Addisen modeling a hat that I made for our neighbor's daughter, Ella. The pattern said 0-6 months and that size fits Addisen no problem - but our family tends to have big heads! When I gave it to the neighbors last night it was obvious that Ella would not be wearing for a while - hopefully we have some cold nights in July! Oh well it's the thought that counts, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment