I know I have been slacking at the blog updates! It has been on my mind a lot, but other things seem to grab my attention, and then I am just too tired. Addisen tried corn on the cob for the first time this year - and she loved it! That first night she had two ears, and now she won't even touch it when we put it on her plate - crazy girl!
Addisen has had her ups and downs in the last few weeks. On Mother's day she started with her non-stop coughing and it resulted in a trip to the doctor on that Monday morning. She was having an asthma attack and was put back on steroids as well as her nebulizer. Luckily, she was feeling much better by the next day. I thought I was going to have an evening of relaxation but then Brody started complaining of ear pain at 11pm and we were up for the rest of the night. He had his 3rd ear infection in the last few months, so he is likely on his way to a 3rd set of ear tubes!
Jim left on Sunday afternoon to go and visit his family before starting the week off for work. I was feeling pretty down that we didn't get to spend Sunday evening with him and just couldn't seem to shake the sadness. At 2am on Monday I figured out why - Addisen woke up screaming and when I went in to check on her she was burning up! She had a temperature of 104! Luckily a little tylenol brought her temperature right down, but it still was a night of worry for me. We were back in the doctor's office on Monday and it looks like she has the start of pneumonia. She is now back to herself - but my nerves are shot!
Brody is the most amazing big brother. Addisen is going through some times of hitting and pulling on him but he just takes it. I am amazed at how calm and patient he is with her.
A few weekends ago Jim ran in the 5/3 25K and I pushed the kids on a 5k walk. It was a beautiful day and we all had a great time.
My favorite picture that I have taken of Addisen recently - our kids have been blessed with beautiful eyes!
I don't know why I like to take profile pictures of Brody - probably because if I ask him to look at me and smile he gets all crazy.

We had bought this little sink about a year ago on clearance and just finally set it up for the kids to use. They loved drinking all of the water...even with the bugs in it! It's just a little added protein right?

Brody and Jim played a little catch before Jim left on Sunday. Of course Addisen needed to be the center of the game.

My mom brought some hats over on Mother's Day for Addisen. She had a great time trying them all on. She is so silly - she will often go and get one of Brody's winter hats and just put it on and walk around the house - she sure can make me smile.
I am so thankful for my children. They have definitely put me through a lot of worry in the last year with all of the illnesses we have experienced, but it is all worth it to have them here with me. My friend will be celebrating the one year birthday of her daughter on Thursday, it will also be the one year anniversary of losing little Grace. The loss of her little girl has stayed with me throughout this year and it just makes me thank God everyday for my two kids. I have been so blessed with them, and I try to constantly remind myself of that, even through the tantrums.
No comments:
Post a Comment