I have to apologize again for being so late on the post. Our summer has been very busy so far, and it seems like by the time I sit down on the couch at night my eyes are already half closed.
We went to the zoo for the first time this summer a few weeks ago. Brody had fun doing all the challenges along the walk.
Brody has a great memory - he wanted to do everything that we had done last Fall when we went to the zoo with his friend Mackenzie, including recreating photos!
Luckily Jim is a lot more adventerous with the animals at the zoo. I could share many stories about why I am the way I am...I am just thankful that Jim is willing to take on these feats!

Brody wanted to ride on the camel and Jim willingly agreed. Jim got in line to buy Brody a ticket and quickly found out that he would need to ride too!
Rockford had their Start of Summer Celebration earlier this month - Brody had a great time on the rides and playing some of the games.
Addisen enjoyed the parade. She loved watching the marching band and picking up all the candy that was thrown!
Father's Day was beautiful here - Jim was able to enjoy some fun in the sun with the kids and also helped me cook dinner for my parents and brother on Sunday.
We didn't realize quite how adventerous Father's Day was until Tuesday. Brody and Jim were playing baseball that night and Brody landed on his arm while he dove for a ball. He could move his wrist and fingers so we thought everything was fine. His wrist seemed to be getting better until Tuesday night when he was trying to put on his seatbelt. He screamed out in pain and then I realized something was definitely wrong. Jim took him in to the doctor and sure enough he had broken his arm! Jim and I felt like parent's of the year! Today we found out that he will only need to wear a splint for 3 weeks vs. a cast. Brody was a little disappointed that his friends couldn't sign it - but Jim and I are relieved that we will be able to take it off for baths, etc.




No comments:
Post a Comment