On Wednesday night I went up to tuck Brody in bed and this is what I found. Jim and I weren't sure exactly what lead to this, so I just buttoned his shirt back up and tucked him in. The next night Jim was talking to Brody and asked him why he had his shirt unbuttoned, Brody's answer "Because I was practicing breathing". We were speechless :)
On Thursday morning we were up early to take Addisen in for her surgery (tubes in her ears). We arrived at the facility, hopeful that everything would go as planned. Of course she was sounding junkier than normal - I was already fearful they would be sending us home. The first nurse listened to her and I could tell by her face that she was thinking they wouldn't do the surgery. The anesthesiologist came in to listen and he too said he didn't feel comfortable putting her under, but before he cancelled the appointment he would talk with the ENT. Jim and I were in complete limbo - we wanted the surgery because it had helped Brody so much, but we didn't want to put Addisen at risk. Dr. Hart entered, and before he said anything, we knew that he was going to do the surgery. Of course I started crying - I just didn't know what the right thing to do was. He was very nice and talked to us about the pros and cons, but ultimately we were afraid Addisen may not sound better for a long time, and that she would only be under for about 5-10 minutes. We agreed to the surgery and the nurse was in to get Addisen. It was the longest 10 minutes of my life...waiting to make sure we had made the right choice for our daughter. Thankfully Dr. Hart came out and said Addisen did great - she was back in my arms in about 10 more minutes. I am so happy that things worked out so well, and her breathing is 100% better now!
On Saturday we went on our annual trip to find the perfect tree. It has been our tradition for the last 3 years to go the first weekend of December and then head to the Santa Parade in Rockford after. It was no different this year, except we had rain instead of snow! Notice this year Brody brought his axe because we couldn't find his saw. He was a big help pushing Jim back and forth as he cut down the tree.
We rushed home, dropped off the tree and then headed in to town for the parade. The rain actually let up a little bit while we were watching, so we didn't get too wet.
Brody's favorite part was collecting the candy - he made sure to let us know when he got something he liked vs. the other candy!
Addisen was her smiley self!
Decorating the tree was an interesting task this year. All Brody wanted to do was use the decorations as some sort of weapon and Addisen just wanted to see everything that was going on.
Brody added the star to the top of the tree this year! It only took 3 tries and a little extra convincing for him to attempt being lifted so high.
Addisen admiring the pig ornament I bought for her this year.
We actually got them to sit still long enough for a photo! Some of the cutest kids I have ever seen!
Brody insisted on making crazy signs with his hands for all the pictures with Jim.
I'm getting so excited for Christmas - but dreading the idea that my baby girl is going to be one in two weeks. Although there is one thing that is weighing on my mind a little more - my first 5K run the day after Addisen's first birthday. Jim makes this running thing look so easy...it's not! I have been running for 30 minutes most nights of the week since mid October. I know that I am in better shape then when I started, but I am still nervous about running outside with a bunch of people - I know I will finish - but just probably not as fast as I hoped.
1 comment:
For some reason I can't see the pics on this post. :( As for running, I don't know what your history is with 5k runs, but I always would find that all the people around me helped to motivate me! Best of luck and happy birthday to your baby girl!
Post a Comment