Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Fifty One Weeks - Holding on to the last few baby days!


Our Christmas photo for this year - I only had about 10 minutes to get the shots in - good thing one of them turned out!


I had to bribe Brody to smile for the pictures by telling him that he could play on my Ipad after we were done - what kind of mother am I becoming? A resourceful one...


Addisen on the other hand was full of smiles. My mom got her the cutest leg warmers - the whole outfit turned out perfect!


My favorite picture of Addisen - she was actually trying to rip the stocking off the chair - but the picture looks like she is daintily admiring it :)


LOVE this picture of Brody! Our neighbor's mom had two boys - Brody and Josh. When we were there visiting last year she gave me this scarf for Brody. One of her neighbors made it for her Brody about 30 years ago! I'm so happy she shared it with us!


On Sunday I decided to work on the gingerbread house with Brody. I'm not sure what I was thinking since Jim had the stomach flu and I was entertaining both of the kids when we started the project. About half way through Jim came downstairs to watch. I was getting frustrated with the project because I am such a perfectionist when Brody said "Mom, you just need to be patient with me". Jim couldn't help but start laughing...all I could say "was you are right Brody". It brought back all the memories of my mom and I trying to work on sewing projects when I was younger!


On Saturday we bought Brody bunk beds for his room. He has been sleeping in a toddler bed for the last few years and was definitely starting to outgrow it. I was very happy that he agreed to getting the one that had a full size bed on the bottom and a twin on top. Tonight Jim tackled the task of putting the beds together - we learned that Addisen is quite the handy lady! She loved picking up the tools and banging along with daddy. Brody on the other hand turned all the tools in to superheros and villains - it was so funny to listen to him playing - what an imagination!



Speaking of imagination - he made his own horse! I was watching him try to attach his pillow pet and just started laughing...he is so smart!


The finished product! I think it looks awesome in his room and he is so excited to be sleeping in a big bed! More excited that there is now room for mom or dad to sleep with him - I am trying to keep him convinced that can only happen on a weekend night! He thought he would be sleeping in the top bunk until we got it all put together - he is a little afraid that he might slip through the cracks. I am totally fine with him picking the bottom bed - this way I can sleep instead of worrying all night!




Addisen's first birthday is on Saturday - I can't believe how fast this year went by. I can remember this week last year vividly. We were once again dealing with the stomach flu and Brody was home all week with Jim. Every night I came home I knew that I was getting close to having the baby - that Wednesday I even called my parents to see if they could come at a moments notice. There are so many days that I wish I was back a year ago - what a magical part of my life...but then there is the part that looks at my sweet little girl and I am so thankful to have had all the days that have lead up to today! She is such a shining light in our lives!




Hope everyone has a great week! I will have lots of birthday pictures to post next week!

No comments: