Addisen: You have been such an amazing gift to our family! Your laid back personality and ability to make everyone smile, is just what we needed. There are times when Brody is flinging himself on the floor and saying he can't move - and just when I wonder what to do with him, you crawl up and giggle...what a silly brother. You know just what to do!
Jim and I had no idea what to expect with our second child - we had no idea how we would love another as much as we loved Brody - but we do! It is amazing how your love can just keep multiplying as a parent.
Luckily you still love to smile for my pictures - at least I have one child that appreciates my need to take pictures all the time!
You have the best teachers at Daycare. Ms. Terry made you the cutest sign with pictures of all of your little friends. Ms. Megan is just in love with you. She tries to take her breaks, but you crawl up to the door and knock on it until she hears you, then you blow her kisses. I don't think she has taken a break in weeks because you draw her in to your classroom - you are just irresistible!
You are getting so close to walking - tonight you mastered walking with just holding on to one of my hands - it will be any day now. Brody woke up this morning and told us that we should start calling you "Addisen" instead of "Baby Addisen" because you are now a toddler! Then we walked in to your room and he asked why you weren't bigger and walking...I think he thought you would transform overnight!
You are a Daddy's Girl (I wish you were more of a mommy's girl...). Daddy picks you up at Daycare and you just start chanting "Dada dada" and take off crawling for him. When I pick you up, you say nothing, but still make me feel good by your fast crawl to my arms!
Brody wanted to help you with everything today - from the candle on your cake to opening your toys for you. He sure does love you! He will get frustrated at so many things, but you could run him over and he would tolerate it - it is quite amazing!
Good thing your birthday is so close to Christmas - I'm not sure what Brody would have done if all the attention was just on you. You shared the spotlight well, letting him play with all of your toys and open Christmas presents.
Grandma, Bobo, Uncle Neal, Jenny, Aunt Judy, Uncle Bob, Josh, Jennie, Mom, Dad and Brody were all here to celebrate your birthday today. Nanny and Poppy were here in spirit and sent gifts along with a card from Aunt Joan. We will be celebrating more next week when we go to Pennsylvania for your first trip (you were there once before but were just the size of a pea in mommy's belly!).
I love you more than words could say, I really do cherish every moment we have with you. You are such a special little girl. I can't wait to see what you become, I wonder if you will want to follow in my footsteps and go in tothe medical world - or maybe you will follow daddy and become a business woman - it will be exciting to see!
You got so excited about your toys - especially when Brody would help you get them started. You would just sit there and wave your arms in the air (that is what you do when you are excited about anything).
Daddy had shared some cake with you last night when I was making it - you ate it all right down. Today you weren't so interested in feeding it to yourself. You did take a few bites, but mostly just from the spoon.
We love you so much Addisen!
I can't wait to see what the next year has in store for us!
1 comment:
Happy birthday, Addisen!
Post a Comment