This year I sit here and I just think - how could this be my little baby? The day he was born is still very vivid in my memory - I can remember what I was doing that day, waiting for Jim to come home from work, calling the doctor to see if we should go to the hospital, the nervousness and excitement I had when we finally got to the hospital and they confirmed that we would be meeting our first child very soon. Some days I wish I could turn back time, take in all of the moments with this little guy - but then I look at him and my mind starts to think - who is he going to be, what is he going to do in his life to change this world? I am so proud of the little guy that he has become, he is polite, friendly, caring, and so smart! It was hard for me to believe I could love this guy anymore than the days when I was pregnant with him, but man I love him more every day!
We celebrated with the 4th birthday cake this week (with still 1 more to come)! Brody said that he couldn't wait to have his next birthday party on Saturday! I don't think he realizes that a birthday is suppose to be only 1 day!
Addisen really enjoyed celebrating Brody's birthday!
Nanny and Poppy are here to visit from Pennsylvania and were able to watch him open their presents this year. Nanny made him a special Penn State blanket! I love the expression on his face!
He was a very lucky boy tonight - he got books, markers, a new cars sweatshirt, a Penn State Tshirt, blanket and a LeapPad from Jim and I.
We recently bought an IPad and thought that it would be a good idea to get the "educational" version for Brody. He took the wrapping paper off and said "I got my own IPad!" It really is a pretty cool toy for a kid - it seems to make learning fun.
The Heisman Trophy was at Rockford High School tonight so Jim took Poppy and Brody to see it. It appears that Brody got pretty nervous when it was his turn to take a picture!
I guess it was just the trophy - maybe this is a view of the future (if Jim has his way!).
Happy Fourth Birthday Brody! We love you so much!
1 comment:
WOW! FOUR!! Happy birthday, kiddo! Btw, I believe birthdays are a month-long event. ;)
Post a Comment