On Saturday we celebrated Brody's Birthday with his third party! We had our family here to celebrate with the Spiderman Cake! This was a much easier cake to decorate than last year's Buzz Lightyear!
Brody was a little confused by the end of the week. On Saturday I showed him the special "4" shirt I had bought and he said "I'm not 4, I am 5 now!" He was very insistent that he turned 4 when he took the cupcakes to school and so now at this birthday party he was 5.
He got a cool new racetrack from my brother and Jenny, a new game for his Leappad from Grandman and Bobo, Spiderman shirt and 4 wheeler from Aunt Judy and Uncle Bob, Puzzle and marker sets from Uncle Jim and Aunt Mary, Superhero shirt, puzzle and stickers from Aunt Kathy and Uncle Brian and a superhero movie from Jim and I. I am thankful that this is the last party until Addisen's 1st Birthday in 2 months!
On Sunday Jim ran in his 3rd Marathon. His parents, Brody, Addisen, my parents and I all headed down to Grand Rapids to watch him. We were nervous that it was going to be a rainy day, but luckily it turned out to be perfect running weather for him.
Brody and Addisen made Jim a special shirt to wear for the marathon. Jim said he heard a lot of spectators comment on the shirt and cheer "Run Daddy Run!"
Jim did an awesome job finishing at 3:31:50 - a more than 30 minute improvement on his personal best! We are all SO proud of him! He did give me a small panic attack at the finish line when his calf cramped up and he had to stop to try to work it out. I just lost it, knowing how much he wanted to make the 3:30 time - but luckily he ran through it and finished in great time!
Brody is so proud of his Daddy's medal!
My dad did a great job taking pictures of the event!
Addisen was a trooper that morning, but finally fell asleep on our walk to find Jim after the race.
We were so lucky to have Jim's parents here to witness Jim's great accomplishment!




No comments:
Post a Comment