Our milestone this week was officially starting cereal which led to 12 hours of sleep on Friday night! We didn't go the whole night sleeping but he just woke up one time around 5am on Saturday morning and then we all fell back to sleep until 8:30! Jim and I could not believe it! Saturday night went about as well but Brody was up a lot more often - but Jim and I have agreed that the middle of the night feedings are now a thing of the past since Brody showed us that he can go all night.
Brody had a check up at the doctor on Monday for followup and he passed with flying colors. It seems that he recovered just as fast as he started to go downhill. We were alone for most of the week because Jim had to travel to Arkansas. He had a very eventful trip being rear ended on his way to his hotel Monday and experiencing some major storms where he saw golf ball sized hail and had to stay in the lobby area of the hotel while they waited for a tornado warning to go through. Luckily he returned home safe (and on time!) Brody returned to daycare on Wednesday and I had a lot of anxiety when I saw the little kids with their runny noses...I just wanted to run the other way with him! But I was strong and left him there and he did survive! Although last night he started with another cold! I can't wait until winter is finally over and we all stay healthy!
Tomorrow is my birthday and Brody's six month visit to the doctor so I decided to take a vacation day so we could spend it together. Unfortunately he will have to get more vaccines so it won't be a great day for him.
Here are some pictures of Brody this week - he has really mastered the Jumparoo and loves to kick around at night before he goes to bed. I tried to get him laughing or blowing bubbles through his lips (he figured that out this week too) but he didn't feel like doing that when the camera was on him.
I hope everyone is having a great week!

Brody loves his feet!

Making Jim's day by playing with the Penn State Football blanket

Enjoying his time in the jumparoo
Last week Brody seemed to get REALLY excited about the jumparoo!
My attempt at Brody's six month pictures

No comments:
Post a Comment