Saturday, December 15, 2007

Nine Weeks Old

Brody has been smiling more this week!
Brody turned two months old this Wednesday and he celebrated by receiving his first set of vaccinations! He did very well at his doctor's appointment. He weighs 12 lbs 6 oz. and is 23 3/4 inches long. He is in the 50th percentile for weight and the 75th percentile for height and head circumference! He has really started smiling a lot more this week too - Jim has been lucky enough to get quite a few since he worked from home a few days this week (I think Brody was excited to see him in the morning). I think he is starting to figure out his hands - they end up in his mouth a lot more now.



Brody also went and met some of my coworkers on Thursday. It was good to get out of the house and start preparing for me to go back to work. I have less than 3 weeks left! I can't believe how fast this time has gone by. I am torn between returning to work and wanting to stay home with him! I definitely know that I miss the adult interaction but I wish that I could just bring him along with me each day! I know the first week is going to be the hardest at daycare but after that I hope that it gets better (lots of moms have to do this right?!)



My dad came today to help Jim start framing out the basement. We aren't in a big hurry to get it finished but have had the wood for framing for almost a year now! So we needed to get something done before all of the wood became warped. We are going to be adding another bedroom, bath and a living space - it will be good for when Brody starts to have large toys!



This next week we will be staying at home. My mom is going to be coming to visit on Wednesday to visit (she hasn't seen Brody in 2 weeks!). I am looking forward to spending some more time with her baking Christmas cookies and playing with Brody!



The guys spending some quality time together!

No comments: