Friday, July 12, 2013

Twenty Four Weeks


While we were up at the Lake over the Fourth of July Brody saw a lot of people tubing on the lake.  He started to talk about it with Jim and ask if he could do it sometime.  Jim had actually already bought a tube but didn't have the pull rope yet.  He told Brody that he had to jump off the end of dock 5 times before he could go tubing.  Luckily Jim had a feeling that Brody was pretty serious so he stopped during his run to buy the pull rope. 

Unfortunately for me the only one that knows how to drive the boat is Jim.  So through my anxiety I agreed to be a good mom and go tubing with Brody...well attempt tubing!  The first obstacle was getting me on the tube...that was a sight to see!  Once we were finally on Jim started to coast away and Brody and I said we were ready to go faster.  Then we were shouting to slow down!  I don't think the boat every went over 5 miles an hour...it was an adventure!  We determined that Jim would need to try the tube out with Brody because I could not lean back far enough to keep us from flipping forward.

Before heading back in we decided to stop to go swimming in the deep water.  I didn't know we would be going swimming so Addisen came on the boat in her shorts and diaper.  I thought it would be okay to just take off her shorts - Jim didn't really agree!  I couldn't help getting a few pictures of her bottomless swim adventure!  Grandma thought the whole thing was pretty funny!

Addisen couldn't care less - she was a happy girl!

My handsome boy!

And silly sister!

While we were at the lake for the extended weekend the kids seemed to fall in love with each other and become enemies at the same time!  I had no idea that Brody and Addisen would be teasing and torturing each other at such a young age!

Brody is starting to show more interest in Ryder.  He requested to hold him a lot this week and loves to make him smile.

He even wanted to feed him his bottle.  What a great big brother!

Ryder really is an easy going little guy.  Everyone told me once he got past the colic he would be laid back...I didn't believe it until I saw it with my own eyes.  When he is on the floor he instantly rolls to his belly and lays there and plays awhile.  He doesn't seem to want to roll off of his belly so he cries for us to help him out.  Everything is going in his mouth because he is getting his two bottom teeth.  I even noticed his incisor tooth is starting to come in on top!  He seems to be getting teeth a lot faster than the other two.

No comments: