Ryder has become quite an expressive little guy in the last week. It is a lot of fun to sit and have conversations with him and watch how he lights up and even starts to giggle a little. He has started to notice Brody and Addisen a lot more this week, and they love to try to get him to smile.

I have a few pictures that I forgot to post from our trip to Pennsylvania last week. I think one of the highlights of the trip was getting to eat pizza in bed while we were at the hotel! We got adjoining rooms so the kids wouldn't wake up when Ryder was crying, it was crazy to see how small Brody and Addisen looked sleeping in Queen size beds!

Addisen had an eventful week at daycare this week...which meant I had an eventful week too. On Tuesday Jim picked her up to find out that she had been hit in the head by another kid with a wooden block. Of course the center doesn't share names, but we knew before Addisen told us who had hit her. About the time Ryder was born a child started at the center that left me with a worried feeling every time I had to leave Addisen in the room with him. He is 3 years old, but about the size of a 4 or 5 year old and has an aggressive attitude. Jim and I both witnessed him pushing Addisen and other kids down without a reason. And now my fears had come true -he took his unprovoked aggression out on my sweet little girl - leaving a large bump and bruise in the center of her forehead (you can see it in the pictures below). Before Jim and Addisen even got home, I knew I had to do something...I suddenly felt that my child wasn't save at her daycare. So after a few emotional days and discussions with the teachers and daycare director - it was decided that we would be staying there, but the child that hurt Addisen would be asked to leave. What an awful situation, I really don't like to be a complainer (or confrontation)....but you have to do what is best for your kids!

It was so funny to watch Addisen as she was "watching" Ryder. It started out well and she continued to watch TV but quickly evolved into Ryder screaming. I love her facial expressions (probably pretty similar to what mommy looks like when he won't calm down).
Ryder finally started to take a Pacifier more frequently this week - which is good and bad. Good because he tends to be able to soothe himself during the times he is upset...but bad because now we have to hover over his crib at night while he falls asleep to make sure he doesn't lose the pacifier!
Some more pictures from the trip...he was all smiles in the hotel!
Addisen showing off her new shades
Happy boy (one of the few moments while we were there!)
Wow - look at that outfit!
This weekend we will be busy. Uncle Marty and Jordan are coming on Friday afternoon for the weekend. We are so excited to have them come and visit us and for Uncle Marty to be Ryder's Godfather. On Sunday I will be celebrating my birthday by witnessing Ryder's baptism - it should be a great day!








No comments:
Post a Comment