Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Three Weeks Old

In some ways I can't believe Ryder is three weeks old already, but in other ways it seems that he has been part of our family for a lot longer.  Addisen and Brody are still in love with him and he receives a lot of kisses and pats on the head each morning and night.


Our sleeping pattern has worsened in the last week.  Just like you forget the pain of labor, I think you must forget the sleepless nights - otherwise you wouldn't sign up to do it again!  While I know that it only lasts a few months - the nights seem to last FOREVER!  We were up every hour last night - Ryder is lucky he is so cute!
Our little man is continuing to grow.  His little cheeks are starting to fill out and he is starting to look less and less like a newborn.  He is awake for a few hours a day, but still likes to take quite a few naps during the day.  The amount of time we spend together on the couch is getting to be less as he is realizing there are more comfortable places to sleep.

We are looking forward to a visit by Nanny (Jim's mom) and Aunt Chrissy next week!  It will be great to see them - I can't believe it has been a year!  I know the kids will really enjoy having them here and showing off their new little brother.
Last weekend we went out for our first real family adventure.  On Saturday the weather was pretty nice and the sun was out, so we decided to venture out to the Ice Festival in Rockford.  It was nice for me to get out of the house and see some adult faces and get a little fresh air.  Ryder slept the whole time while Brody and Addisen enjoyed walking around town and looking at the ice sculptures.  Jim and I were just talking about how we hadn't been out to eat in weeks -I think it will be awhile before we venture out to a dinner with the three kids!  I guess one bonus is that we are saving money!

No comments: