Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Four Weeks Old


Four Weeks - I cannot believe it.  This little guy has changed our lives so much...and we wouldn't ever want it to be different!  This week opened my eyes up to what life is going to be like with three kids!

This weekend we traveled to Charlotte so Ryder could meet my friend from high school, Barb and her family.  They spoiled him with gifts - Barb's mom made the blanket Ryder is laying on in these photos, and this is just one of the many outfits that they gave him.

Ryder is starting to change from a "newborn" to an infant - I was going to head in and weigh him today, but timing just didn't work out.  He has changed so much in such a short amount of time.  When he was born I didn't think he was going to have the cheeks like Addisen - but they are here now!

Brody had Monday and Tuesday off of school this week and Addisen's daycare was closed on Monday, so we were all home for four days straight!  I have even more admiration for all those stay at home moms of multiple kids - it is hard to juggle all of their needs!  Today Brody is back in school and Addisen is home with me - I decided to keep her home all week since Nanny and Aunt Chrissy are coming tomorrow.  I do have to say I think it is easier to have everyone home - Brody really is helpful. 

I wanted to get Ryder's one month pictures done today since we would be busy on Saturday - Addisen was insistent on being "helpful".  At the time she was making me so nervous jumping around Ryder, but thankfully she did because she made some of the best pictures!

Jim had a dinner meeting on Monday night, so it was my first glimpse at taking care of the three kids while he travels.  Luckily, he got Addisen in bed before he left.  Brody ended up in bed about a half hour late because Ryder decided he needed to eat (Brody was excited about this).  When we finally made it to Brody's room Ryder decided that he wanted to scream while I tried to read Brody's books - it was the fastest 3 chapters Brody has ever heard!  I thought I was in the clear, but then Brody came to the stairs to say he had to go to the bathroom, so I headed up to help him and he said to me "Mom, you care more about Ryder than me now" - my heart about broke!  I said "No, buddy I care about you too - why do you say that", he said "because he can't walk".  That made me feel a little better thinking that he really didn't mean what it sounded like...but it still makes me worry that one of them will feel that way one day.  It has been a hard transition for me - as I am still nursing Ryder, I really am with him the most and tending to him the most.  I am sleep deprived because of night feedings and always on a 2 hour feeding cycle - I am missing out on some things with the other two - I'm trying to keep things in perspective and realize this is only for a few months...but it still makes me worry they feel like they come in 2nd.

Last night was Brody's last soccer class.  We were brave enough to go as a family to watch!  It actually went much better than we expected - Jim and I were a little worried when Addisen started chanting "Addisen play soccer" on the way there.  To our surprise she actually listened to us pretty well and stayed on the sidelines for most of the game.  Brody did AMAZING!  I have never seen him so confident in playing a sport - he ran back and forth and showed no fear!  We were so proud of him for listening to the coaches and not being so shy.

Another one of my favorite photos of the day - Addisen really loves her little brother!
 

Looking back at Addisen's pictures - I think Ryder is going to look a lot more like her than Brody.
 

He still has his wrinkles!
 

Love those little hands - they won't be this small for long - I gotta hold on to these moments!
 

1 comment:

The Kemps said...

Your family is so beautiful! I hope we get to bring home a little sibling for Logan one day. I'd love to have a family of 5 someday! :)