There will be a number THREE!
Not the best picture of the family...but this was the morning that we found out! Addisen went over to Jim and handed him the paper as he was cooking breakfast (actually almost put in in the burner!). Jim looked down and then looked at me in amazement...or maybe disbelief :)
7/17/12: Today was the day - the last time I will likely make the trip to the doctors office in anticipation of hearing the heartbeat of my baby for the first time. Jim was lucky enough to be able to join me today and really wasn't phased by the whole visit, me on the other hand was full of nerves. I'm not sure if it was because I knew this would be the last time or because it just seems like so many people around me have had devastating things happen during their pregnancies. I am so thankful to say that our appointment was perfect - we got to hear the baby's heartbeat right in rhythm with mine - amazing! Right now it is humming along at 177 beats/min - exactly were it should be. Since we found out I was pregnant on June 2nd my emotions have been all over the place. Jim and I had agreed to start trying for baby # 3 at the end of February, with the assumption that this may take a year (actually Jim gave me the deadline of December). So when it didn't happen that first month, I started to think maybe it wasn't going to...and then just when I wasn't thinking about it anymore - there those 2 lines were! I think my emotions have been pretty much the same everytime I found out I was pregnant with one of the kids - a mix of "oh my" and "oh yes!". This time I have had a lot of ups and downs - this baby is giving me a very similiar journey as Addisen - sickness...lots of sickness. I found myself struggling to get through nights and mentally just unable to deal with it anymore - but then today I heard that heartbeat...and all those nervous emotions and feelings of not making it disappeared - there was the reason - it was all worth the journey! I can't wait to cherish each of these days, weeks, months - bittersweet that this is really the end of one of the chapters of my life - but at the same time it feels so right this time. With Addisen I had this feeling that it couldn't be the last - with this one...I know it is the last - and it feels okay. My kids amaze me - all three of them - and I can't wait to watch them grow into the great people that they will be - I just hope the ride slows down a little bit so we really enjoy it!
2 comments:
I am waiting in anticipation to find out what sex the baby is. Hope you are feeling good. I pray for a a happy and healthy pregnacy for you and Kathy. I'm totally thrilled two new grandchildren I can't wait. talk to you soon love mom
YAY!! So excited for you guys! I know we'd love to have three. I guess that means we better start working on making a second! :)
Post a Comment