Monday, August 29, 2011

Thirty Six Weeks


Not too much new going on in our household this week - which is a welcomed thing! It has become a weekly event to go and eat downtown on Friday nights and feed the ducks. This week we were surprised to see horse drawn carriage rides through Rockford! Unfortunately I wasn't able to capture a picture during our ride, but Brody had a great time being pulled by Babe the horse!


Jim went a little crazy online at the Penn State Store! Brody ended up with a new Penn State wardrobe, Addisen hairbows and Jim more things than I probably know about!


We celebrated my dad's birthday this week....and yes he did have a Cars themed birthday cake (what is Bobo going to do when Addisen is old enough to know that was for Brody?). Addisen did share in the cupcakes and Brody enjoyed the multi color "lipstick" that the frosting gave!


Saturday we decided to freeze our own sweet corn, at first I thought we might be crazy to try to take on this task, but surprisingly it all went smoothly. We bought 100 ears of corn on Saturday and Sunday morning we were able to get all of it in bags and in the freezer! Hopefully it is as good as everyone has been telling us in February!


Addisen will be going to the doctor for her 8 month check up on Thursday. I will make sure to update everyone with her stats - I think my girl may have slowed down in her growth - but we will see :)

No comments: