Thursday, February 25, 2010

Making Cookies!


We had a great time baking cookies together tonight. This is the first time that Brody has participated in the whole process. He really enjoyed getting all of the ingredients around, mixing and then putting the dough on the cookie sheets. The best part was eating the finished product of course!

I have come to realize that I don't take nearly as many pictures in the winter time - therefore I don't have much to add on to the blog! So it is probably time to accept that getting posts twice a month is pretty good for the winter months!

We have also been learning how to interact with Brody as he continues to push the limits to figure out who he is! Some days he leaves me ready to pull my hair out and other days he is just so darn cute that all I can do is laugh! My favorite moment in the last few weeks was both one of the scariest and funniest moments we have experienced. Jim had gotten Brody out of the car and I turned to see him halfway down our driveway (luckily we do not live on a very busy road). I told Brody to stop and come back towards us, but instead Brody looked back at me with devilish eyes and took off running towards the road. I started to yell with fear in my voice for him to stop and Jim took off running after him. Brody didn't stop before he got down to the road and Jim picked him up just as his feet hit the pavement. Brody instantly started crying and I asked him what was wrong. His answer was "I got hit by a car". I did my best to suppress my laughter as I looked at Jim and all we could say was "that is why you shouldn't run in the road". He is something else!



We are still progressing with the potty training. He doesn't ask to go to the bathroom, but does commonly use the potty at daycare and also when he gets up in the morning and before bed. The Worst part for me is that he insists on standing at the potty...which means a lot of floor mopping!



I hope everyone is enjoying their winter! Hopefully we will see spring soon!

1 comment:

kitty said...

Brody:

Looks like you had fun making cookies I know you enjoyed eating them. Make sure not to run in the street again, and get hit by a car. Love NANNY