Sorry for the delay in posting this time. It seems like December is flying by! Jim was traveling all of last week and a day this week, so it seems like the night is over before I realize it! I have so many pictures to share!
After Thanksgiving we had some great weather! We were able to go for a walk around the neighborhood to enjoy the warmth and even got the house decorated with our Christmas stuff.

Brody really enjoys being in charge of everything right now! He rode halfway down the road in his wagon and then insisted on pulling the rest of the way!

I put the decorations out on the front porch, which include some deer. Brody had a great time riding them and then feeding them. That seems to be another one of his recent obsessions. He feeds a lot of his animals and we even pretend eat different things off pages of books. He is always entertaining!
Jim even broke down this year to buy a blowup bear for the porch!
The following weekend we went to get our Christmas Tree (of course this weekend we had just gotten a foot of snow and it was 30 degrees out!)

We decided to let Brody pick out our tree each year. Unfortunately, the snow was too deep for him to walk around. So he pointed and we took him to the trees he wanted to see. He ended up picking one of the best trees that we have had!
That same weekend Santa came to Rockford in the Santa Parade. Brody had a lot of fun seeing the Fire Trucks and Horses.

His favorite part of the whole day was being pulled in the sled and dragging his arms through the snow! It was so fun to watch him see snow for the first time when he could play in it and tell us what he was thinking!

We also took Brody to see Santa. While we were waiting in line Brody seemed like he was excited to see Santa. He watched all the other little kids get a candy cane from him and even told us that he was going to ask for a Pig and Horse for Christmas.

When it came time for Brody to sit on Santa's lap - he changed his mind! As you can see in this picture he was clinging to my vest trying to stay away from Santa!

He did at least tell Santa what he wanted for Christmas and was excited to get a candy cane at the end.
After that traumatic experience, it was time for a nap!

We had to make sure to get a coordinated picture with dad! My two polo guys!

I think Brody's favorite part of the Holiday Season is all of the Treats!

Thanks Felicia and Chris for the great gift! Brody was so excited to find the snowman cookies!

I wanted to start the tradition of making a gingerbread house together each year. I quickly learned this year that I am to much of a perfectionist to make a gingerbread house with a 2 year old! I think next year I will just put the house together for him and then turn my back until he is done!
In follow-up to the last blog...Brody is still taking off his pajamas! We did have a few nights of him taking off his diaper too!
I will leave you with two of my favorite pictures from the last few weeks.

2 comments:
He's so adorable! Also, you're very welcome for the treats - happy to see Brody enjoying them!
Sarah,
I laughed out loud about Brody taking off his PJs. I hope you all have a great Christmas!!
Love
Dana for the Staats
Post a Comment