Brody has taken a liking to many different things in the past few weeks. His favorite toys seem to be things that I can buy for $1 or less. In this picture he is having the time of his life in a box Jim got in the mail and his rake and butterfly net! He really enjoys coming up behind you and putting the net over your head!
It was a GORGEOUS day in Rockford on Saturday. Our neighbor was playing in the Rockford High School Football Play Off Game on Saturday afternoon, so Jim thought it would be another great experience for Brody. We participated in the "tunnel" that the football players ran through at the start of that game and Brody was excited to have his own balloon.
If you look closely at the picture you can see Brody's face through the balloon.
Brody did pretty well at the game, considering that it was during his typical nap time and we had kept him up a few hours past his bedtime the night before. I only sat in the stands with him for about 15 minutes before we went exploring. He had a great time watching all of the people and digging in the dirt around the field. Unfortunately, Rockford ended up losing the game to Holt.
He have has some funny stories with Brody recently. One of his best sayings is "Mommy, all done crying". At daycare the teacher found some of the stick horses (a stick with a horse head on the end) that kids can ride around on. I went to pick Brody up last week and he was just riding in circles on his horse while all the other kids were running around using them as weapons. His teacher said he had been riding the horse around all day. I found out that she got it at the dollar store and off we went right after I picked him up to get one. When we got in the car I asked him what he wanted to name him, he said "neigh". The next day I took him to day care and he said "Mommy work" and I said "yep, what is Brody going to do" and he said "Ride my horse!". He makes me laugh everyday! I will try to get some pictures of him on Neigh this week to post next week.
The last story I have is from today. I went to pick him up and his teacher told me that Mackenzie (his "girlfriend") was sitting next to him at lunch and was telling him "No thank you" because he was doing something he shouldn't. The teacher said Brody turned to Mackenzie and said"Kiss, Kiss" and she stopped and gave him a kiss. His teacher said she told him "Brody someday you are going to make a great husband - you know how to divert a women's attention!" That's my blue eyed boy!
1 comment:
Jim & sarah:
Just had to tell you I was on the phone with aunt joan tonight when I punched into the blog. I read all the stories to her she loved it. She wanted me to make sure to leave a comment to let you know how much she enjoyed it. I love the story about Neigh. hope Brody is taking good care of him Love MOM
Post a Comment