Sunday, January 25, 2009

Holiday Update


Brody - being his crazy self!
(His bottom eye teeth are finally poking through - making his checks rosy!)


I know - I am awful at keeping this updated! Things have just been crazy since the start of the New Year with Jim traveling during 2 of the last 3 weeks and with Brody on the move it is difficult to find time to sit down and blog.



Grandma Sue started the tradition of Christmas Pajamas this year!

Christmas was so much fun! My parents and brother came on Christmas morning around 10am so Jim and I were able to give Brody his bigger presents when he first woke up (a dinosaur and play kitchen). It took us almost 3 hours to open presents - but it was all worth it! Brody was very dainty - he would rip a small piece of wrapping paper off and hand it to whoever was near him before moving on. He was definitely a spoiled little boy! Due to all the toys and the increasing size, we decided to change our sunroom into his playroom.






Since the last time I wrote Brody has grown in so many ways! He is a pro at walking now and has mastered standing up all on his own. It is just amazing to watch your child transform from a baby that needed everything to a little person with a mission of their own (and in just one year!). Jim and I have quickly learned that one of his favorite things to do is throw things in the trash can. It is pretty funny to watch him - you can tell when a light bulb goes off in his head and he is on his way to throw something away - needless to say we are constantly checking the trash for toys and socks! He is also saying momma and daddy (in the appropriate way), waving goodbye and at times still throwing kisses, pointing at everything he wants, playing phone with anything that resembles one (and we think trying to say hello).



At daycare he is mostly in the toddler room but the teachers in the infant room are having a hard time completely letting him go. They tell me that he is a great child and follows directions well. While they struggle to get the other kids to take care of their blankets after nap, Brody is standing waiting for them to take his. The teachers also said he always notices when the food enters the room and is the alarm to all the other kids to get ready for snack! I am amazed with how fast he catches on to routines and follows our lead.

We missed his 15 month doctor's appointment because he got sent home from DayCare with the flu (although when he got home he didn't act sick at all). So we will hopefully get that rescheduled for this week and we are also going back to the allergist for a followup. He seems to be doing really well, with the exception of a constant runny nose and occasional cough.

He is definitely getting closer to the terrible two age. This week Jim was gone and Brody tested me each night with a tantrum. I cannot wait until he can tell me why he gets so mad - but it starts with crying, then throwing himself on the floor and then about 10 minutes of screaming and twirling in a circle. I have tried picking him up and trying to distract him - neither works! So I resort to ignoring. Then about 10 minutes later he is fine and happy....all I can say is thank goodness Daddy is home!

I do have to say even with all the tantrums - I wouldn't trade him for anything (as you see in the pictures - how couldn't you love this little man!)

Yesterday we celebrated Jim's Birthday with my side of the family. Brody was the center of attention and we had to laugh when he picked up the DVD remote and tried to mimic Grandpa bowling on the Wii.

We hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a great start to the New Year! My resolution will be to blog on a regular basis!

No comments: