Saturday, March 29, 2008

Twenty Two - Twenty Three Weeks

I am always so happy!


What a busy couple of weeks! Everything started out by going to Pennsylvania to visit Jim's family a week ago. Brody did pretty well on his first plane ride - with the exception of when the plane was not moving! He screamed until the engines turned on and then went right to sleep. I don't think Jim or I have ever felt so uncomfortable before! It seemed like everyone was annoyed with our baby screaming...but I guess they should have been thankful that it only lasted 10 minutes instead of for the whole 2 hour flight.



I've got my ticket!




Finally a moment when mom could relax (we flew at night if you can't tell by how tired I look!)


It was great to see Jim's family (although we were bad about taking pictures!). We were able to visit with a lot of Jim's family while we were there and even our friends the Santos'. The best part I think was seeing Brody and his cousin Dylan together. They are three weeks apart but could not be more different from each other! Jim named them spaghetti and meatball while we were there - looking at the pictures below you can probably guess why.

Brody took advantage of some quiet time


Brody was checking out cousing Dylan's toes!









Can you guess which one Jim named meatball and which one is spaghetti?



Brody enjoyed his time with his cousins Amber and Sydney too!


We got back home last Saturday and they lost our bags so we were without some of our things until Sunday afternoon. My mom and dad met us at home so they could spend some time with Brody. They spent the night and went to Easter Sunday Church with us. Then my brother and grandma came to have lunch with us. We celebrated my brother's birthday and Easter together. Brody was in a very good mood all day with lots of smiles for everyone!



Grandma Christiansen gave me a great big duck for Easter!





I was showing off for the camera (and uncle neal was just as excited!)



I enjoyed my time with Great Grandma Sanderson


Over the past few days Brody has learned how to roll from his back to his stomach! Jim and I are so proud of him! Although now it seems like he has forgotten how to roll off of his stomach once he gets there. He is so coordinated now even reaching for toys as he lays on his stomach. He really loves this little cow that my brother bought for him a few weeks ago.

Today was another milestone - Brody's first haircut! I suggested it this morning and Jim was shocked. I thought his hair was getting a little too long because it was over his ears and everyone on the airplanes thought he was a girl even though he was wearing blue! So we went to a place called Snip-its today - it is a hair place dedicated to kids. Brody did a great job in the chair and he looks like such a little boy now! I was okay with the haircut until we left and I started to really look at him...I miss my old little baby! He does look nice now and has a little bit of a style to his hair. I think the "rockstar" days are over though!

I'm such a big boy!

Mom what is she doing?

Where is my baby?! His hair looks so different!

My new hairdo!



I hope everyone had a great Easter! I will make sure to update next week with all of Brody's new accomplishments. I really don't think I could love him any more than I do! It is hard for me to imagine life without him...


No comments: