His smile makes my day!
This was a very big week for Brody. On Tuesday I started taking 60z bottles to Daycare to see if Brody would eat a little more and to my surprise he ate all of them that day! I guess the little guy was ready to move up! He smiles more and more every day! Every morning Jim and I are greeted with smiles and then he wins over all of the teachers when we get to daycare with his cute smile! He is definitely a hit with everyone there!
Brody has gotten a lot better with controlling his head so we started putting him in his activity center at my mom's and at home. He really enjoys sitting up and just looking around at everything. He is starting to figure out that his hands are attached to his body and he actually controls them. I watched him the other night on the monitor putting his hands in his mouth and then when he would pull them away he would scream...then he would put them back in and repeat the process. He is sleeping pretty well now. He typically goes to bed around 8:30 - 9pm and then we get up around 2am and then again at 6am. He really doesn't sleep much at all at daycare because he is so busy watching all of the little boys play.
Who would guess that this was at 6:30am on Saturday!
On Sunday Brody was baptized at the church that Jim and I were married at. He did very well. He slept through the whole service right up until we went up to the altar and he didn't cry at all when the water touched his head. He was a big hit with the congregation. We had our family and friends over to my parents house for a brunch following the service. The day went really well. Jim and I were exhausted by the end of the weekend!
My brother is Brody's Godfather
They forgot to write "Christening" on the cake and we had a little mishap during transportation of the cake - but it still tasted great!
This will be my first time staying here at the house alone with Brody. Jim has to travel on Thursday and Friday this week. Of course it turns out to be the worst day because I need to be to work at 7am on Thursday...so Brody and I will be having a very early morning with him going to daycare about an hour early. I think we will both be exhausted by the end of the day Thursday.
I hope everyone had a great week. Sorry for the delay in posting this week. The nights go by so fast now that I am back to work!
Jim was very impressed that Brody could hold his own bottle (this only lasted about a minute!)










No comments:
Post a Comment