Monday, March 2, 2015

Where's My Daddy?

We have been so spoiled lately with Jim not having to travel for work - but that all ended last week!  We are now on week 2 of Daddy being gone and let me tell you it has gotten harder as the kids got older! 

I really thought it would get easier - but now Brody and Addisen talk about missing him so much.  It breaks my heart because there is nothing I can do about it.  Luckily this will be the last week for a little while.


It has been fun to see Ryder talking on the phone and facetime with Jim - he has gotten a lot better with his sentences, so he can actually hold a conversation :)  Brody and Addisen typically talk for no more than 5 minutes, but at least it is something!

Not too many funny stories this week - mostly because Ryder was home sick one day last week and I was preparing for a lecture I gave last week at the Michigan Pharmacist's Association meeting.  It feels so good to have that be over and not be stressed while playing with the kids and thinking about everything else I should be doing.  My mom and dad were here this weekend to watch the kids on Saturday night while Jim and I went to a party and help me get work life back under control before Jim left again today.

Addisen did have a few things this week that made me laugh:
1.  While driving home from daycare late last week - "oh no!  Someone ripped the moon!"   I looked and the moon was faint because it was still daylight and there was only about half the moon that day, so it did actually look like it had been torn.

2.  Today she told me in the car - "I love you mom - but not when you leave.  But I do love you when you come back again"  That one broke my heart a little bit!

3.  On Friday she was asking me who brought the mail to our house.  I said the mail lady.  She asked where she leaves it.  I said the mailbox.  She said what if it is a big box?  I said she will leave it at the door.  Then she said, then you will open the box and it is a crystal ball and you will start dancing?  I said - what?  She said - that is what Mr. Clam and Sam did on Bubble Guppies - oh ok that all makes sense now!

Hope everyone is having a great week!  I hope for more time to take pictures once Jim is back on Wednesday night!

No comments: