He is ONE! Where did the year go?
Our sweet baby boy celebrated his first birthday with an awful cold! The poor guy looked miserable, but was still happy! It even lead to his left eardrum rupturing in the middle of the night! The boy can tolerate pain, he didn't even do more than wimper!
I celebrated Ryder's the birthday the same way I did the year before - teaching. I had to teach until 5:30 on his birthday, I was pretty bummed to not get to spend too much time with him.
Not too interested in his presents. We got him the traditional chair with his name on it! That was probably the biggest hit, he loves to climb!
We celebrated Jim's birthday the next night! The kids were so excited to have so much cake and ice cream!
Our big boy on his new ride! He loves the zebra that his aunts and uncles sent him. He still isn't walking, but that does not stop him from being very mobile! He doesn't crawl too much unless he wants to get somewhere quickly. If he is crawling he has his head down and is going full speed!
Ms. Terri made him the sweetest birthday sign! It is so fun to look back at the pictures and remember what he looked like. I forgot how big his cheeks use to be!
We celebrated on Ryder's birthday with cupcakes. At first he wasn't too sure, he took the frosting and wiped it on his chair. Once Jim put a little taste in his mouth he started to dive in!
On Saturday we celebrated three birthdays - Ryder, Jim and Jenny. Crazy that they are all in a row! We have had an awful winter full of snow and I was so happy that my parents, brother and Jenny could make it on Saturday in the midst of another storm.
I was able to get a lot of good pictures with Grandma!
Such a big boy! He wasn't too interested in opening the presents, but he loved to climb on them!
Brody LOVED opening Ryder's presents for him!
Sisterly love!
He was spoiled with new toys and clothes!
I made him a birthday cake for Saturday's party. By that point he was a pro at eating cake!
We have been trying to get him to take to the sippy cup. So far he likes to throw it on the floor a lot more than drink out of it.
My handsome ONE year old!
I cannot believe how fast this year has gone. I can vividly remember walking over to the hospital knowing that this little baby would be born soon. I can still picture the doctor telling me it was a boy (I really had convinced myself we would have another little girl) and I am still experiencing the joy of having a healthy family of five! Wow....what we experienced in the last year. The colic...at the time that we were living that I never thought it would end. I wondered if I was loving him enough...at times wondering how to love a baby that just screamed at me...and now looking back I see that it made me love him even more. It almost seems like it was this test of time...meant to make me realize the good and the bad and rejoice in the good! I never thought we would be where we are today - we have a good routine in our family....everyone is sleeping through the night consistantly! Ryder is the sweetest little boy - he lights up a room with his shy little smile. He melts your heart with his big eyes. He went through a phase of lowering his head and peeking up to see you - so cute! He is going to have the same sense of humor as the rest of us...he already thinks we are funny! He is my EATER! He has eaten a whole cheeseburger in one sitting! I wasn't paying attention and just kept feeding him and then realized it was gone...since them I have tried to monitor his intake! Although at his well child appointment she said he isn't overweight so we should let him eat what he wants (~23lbs). He is in the 75th percentile for height and weight - he is solid! I just couldn't imagine our family without him...and I'm so excited to see who he becomes!
Grandma and her birthday boy!
The birthday clan!
Give me that cake Dad!
Everyone agreed that the cake was good!
No comments:
Post a Comment