Addisen how you have grown in the last 2 years and oh my how you have allowed our family to grow! You have a great sense of humor, are very strong willed and definitely like to tell others what they should be doing! You keep us on our toes and gosh I don't think we could love you anymore!
You seem so smart to me (I'm sure every mom thinks this) - you have a memory like your brother's and just seem to think of things that we have forgotten. You love to dance, say your ABC's and Elmo! You are so sweet to your brother - always giving him a hug, kiss, high five and pounds goodbye every morning.
We started your birthday celebration on Saturday with a party with Grandma, Bobo, Uncle Neal, Jenny, Uncle Bob and Aunt Judy.
Grandma was a lifesaver and helped decorate your elmo cake on Friday night. There seems to be something with the stomach flu and holidays with you - on your first Christmas and then your second birthday!
We recreated it again tonight (on your real birthday!). This time you had a little more difficulty blowing it out - it took about three tries...but it finally went out and you were proud of yourself!
You had such a great time opening your presents this year. Everything was so exciting to you and you had a hard time moving on to the next present. Your big brother was there to keep the encouragement coming to tear into more!
Your teachers at daycare are so creative - this is the sign I saw on the way into your room today!
A few weeks ago I was out doing some holiday shopping and I came home to find out that Daddy had taught you how to "show your muscles". You get so serious when we ask and your face is the best!
On Thanksgiving night we decided to move you to your new big girl bed and take away your pacifier. It probably wasn't our best decision to do them both - but it is too late to turn back now. It seems like we triggered the onset of separation anxiety with all of the change. You now cry everyday when I leave you at daycare and will cry at the door when we put you to bed at night. It typically only lasts about 5 minutes and you put yourself to bed, but it breaks our hearts! You continue to sleep through the night and play in your room in the morning until everyone is up - so hopefully bedtime will get a little easier!
We went and got our Christmas tree the first weekend in December. Unfortunately there was no snow, but it was kind of nice to have mild temperatures. Brody and Addisen found the perfect tree and then we headed into Rockford for the Annual Christmas parade.
Baby Raguckas Update: I had my 32 week appointment last Friday. Everything went well, the baby's heart rate was 136 - so running close to where Addisen was at this point. I have been feeling smaller than I did during my last pregnancies and the doctor confirmed that I was measuring about 1.5-2 weeks smaller than where I am. She wasn't concerned, so I guess I won't be either. I will go back again on the Friday after Christmas and we will see if things have started to progress. My hope is that this baby is smaller, so they want to stay in there a little longer than their big sister!
We hope everyone has a great Christmas! I will post pictures after the holiday!
1 comment:
sarah
looks like addisen had a great birthday. the cake looks great you are really getting good at birthday cakes. thanks for the update I really enjoy seeing it. hope addisens dressup fits good hope to see a picture of her in full dress up gear. brody does look so serious about his gingerbread houses but look how great they turned out. great job brody. thanks again love mom
Post a Comment