It's hard to believe this is where I left off - we had a warm up here in Michigan and the kids were able to go out for a bike ride!
Grandma and Bobo came to visit a few weekends ago and Addisen decided to start practicing walking a little more. My mom came with another handmade hat - to our surprise she likes this one! I call her my little Miss Tuffet!
Our "down" started a little over a week ago when Addisen started coughing more often. It was on Friday, the 17th, that I started to get worried about her, and then on Saturday the concern just kept growing. We spent the night at Grandma and Bobo's that night and by Sunday morning she really wasn't doing well. Jim and I took her in to the ER in Charlotte and they diagnosed her with Pneumonia. She was doing a lot better by the time we got home, so we decided to continue on with the surprise we had planned for Brody.
This is Brody's surprise face! We took him to the Air Zoo with Uncle Neal, Bobo, Grandma, Aunt Judy and Uncle Bob. He was excited to see a zoo full of airplanes!
It was a lot of fun to see his excitement as he took in all the airplanes around him.
Jim was a great dad and agreed to ride on one of the carnival rides - I think he was regretting his decision when he saw how big the little airplanes were. But he didn't let Brody down - they both crammed in to the cockpit!
Uncle Neal was a little smarter and picked the ride that gave plenty of leg room!
I was surprised that Brody wasn't scared with how high the ride went.
Brody in his space capsule!
They had extra airplanes on exhibit the weekend we were there, so Brody was lucky enough to go and sit in some of the cockpits.
My little airplanes!
Addisen was a trooper while we were at the Air Zoo, but on the ride home her cough started again...and this time it didn't stop! I tried everything on Sunday night to calm down her cough, but nothing would work. We all struggled through the night and by Monday morning I knew she had gotten worse. So off we went in to my work for her doctor to look at her (I am so thankful for that place, they have been a lifesaver for my kids!). The minute Dr. Weirich saw Addisen, Jim and I both knew we were going to the ER. It's funny because on the way in I said to Jim "This kind of reminds me when Brody had RSV" and sure enough...that is what Addisen had. She was admitted in to the observation unit at the Children's Hospital on Monday night and luckily Grandma and Bobo were able to come and get Brody.
Addisen was such a trooper through the whole thing - of course she was upset, but she still provided us smiles to let us know it was going to be okay. She had to get an IV on Monday night and be hooked up to oxygen - it was heart breaking to see your baby girl have so many tubes coming out of her. And something I had never experienced before - I had to pick one of my kids over the other! I was torn! Luckily, Brody didn't even miss us - Uncle Neal and Jennie were around and I think he had more fun with them than he would of at home.
Addisen was in the hospital from Monday - Thursday. Every time we thought we would be going home her oxygen level would drop and we would have to stay another night. I told Jim I never knew how thankful I would be to just be a family of four staying at home! That finally came true again for us on Thursday night.
We are back to normal this week - Addisen received a clean bill of health this morning...so one less thing to worry about! Jim is gone this week for business, this is the first real trip since probably November. Brody is doing okay with the transition, it helps that Jim has the Ipad and I have an Iphone so we can use FaceTime to talk with each other. We even did that while Addisen was in the hospital - it helped my heart a little bit to get to see Brody jumping around Uncle Neal's house too busy to spend much time talking to me. He did always start of asking to see Addisen and if she was doing okay - he is such a caring big brother!
Well here is to a stress free week!

1 comment:
Poor baby girl! Happy to hear all is back to "normal."
Post a Comment