Saturday, July 16, 2011

Thirty Weeks - The kids are growing up!


Addisen moved up into a "real" car seat this week. She has been struggling with a rash on the back of her head and I started to wonder if it was getting too hot in the infant carrier. The move meant that she now had to sit in highchairs and grocery carts - it really is a lot easier to just carry her around in the infant carrier.



I think Jim is pretty excited that Brody has hit another milestone - the ability to ride with him in a go-cart. This all started when we were camping a few weeks ago. I am beginning to think that this might become Jim's new obsession rather than Brody's.



We had been home for about 2 hours this afternoon when Jim came up with the idea of going to the local go-cart place. Jim was thrilled when the kid running the track asked if they would like the fast cart. Surprise, Surprise, Jim and Brody lapped the grandparents on the track 3 times!



This is not the best quality video - but it cracks me up to see how serious Jim is taking the race against the grandparents on the track!



When we walked in to buy the tickets the girl asked if Brody would be driving - WHAT? Yep, this track allows 3 year olds to drive! This was the funniest and scariest 5 minutes of my life (see video at the bottom of why 3 year olds don't drive...)!


Brody stayed a few days at Grandma and Bob's this week - he was spoiled beyond belief!



Grandma and Bobo took Brody to the fair on Thursday with Uncle Neal. I couldn't believe the pictures when I saw them - a year ago Brody jumped off the pony after about one circle - this year he is riding alone! My mom said she asked him if he liked his horse and Brody answered "This was a good idea!"


Brody loved petting the animals and he even got to see them showing llamas. My mom said that he loved watching them - little did he know his momma use to show llamas!


This is another thing that just amazes me - last year Brody would do nothing alone and now he is riding all of these rides with kids he doesn't know!


Grandma and Bobo said that Brody's favorite ride was the mini scrambler. They said the ride was stopped a few times to let crying kids off - but not Brody! This is one of my favorite pictures!


On Friday Grandma and Bobo were off to spoil him again! They took him to a park in Lansing that has a bike track and playground.


I'm not sure he was quite big enough for this scooper!


It makes me laugh to see my parents with Brody. I can remember growing up and having rules (much like the rules I give Brody now), but these people that were once the rule enforces now allow my son to have two desserts after he doesn't finish his dinner....where did my mom and dad go? I am glad that Brody can be so spoiled by his Grandma and Bobo - just another year and I'm sure Addisen will be covered with Ice cream when we come to pick her up!



Why Three Year Olds Don't Drive!


No comments: