Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Oh What a First Christmas!

We had a great 1st Christmas Eve with Addisen this year. We were able to skype with Jim's mom and one of his sisters to have them see Brody open presents and meet Addisen for the first time. It was a quiet evening with just the 4 of us because my parents and brother weren't able to come until around 9:30pm. Christmas morning, however, was a different story! At about 1am my fear of last week came true - I got the stomach flu! To top it all off I still have all of my extra hormones going through my body - so you can imagine I was a wreck Christmas morning! It just didn't turn out the way I had hoped. Due to all of this - you will notice there are no pictures of our "family" because just as I started to feel better Jim came down with the flu Christmas night! Hopefully we will have a chance to recreate a Christmas photo later this week before all the decorations are down! Luckily for us, my parents and brother were here to take care of the kids and I don't think Brody even noticed that mommy felt awful that morning!

Brody was so excited to receive all of his Buzz Lightyear things! I think he now has about 8 Buzz Lightyear figurines. The thing he wanted most from Santa was a Buzz Lightyear in a rocket ship (for those of you who have seen Toy Story 2 - that is the box that buzz is in on the shelf). Lucky for Santa we were able to find one the day before Christmas Eve - and Brody got another Buzz Figure in a Rocket ship box (made out of cardboard - so we will see how long it lasts!). But it was definitely worth all the time and money to see the excitement on his face when he opened the present!

Jim came through for me again this time with the Stork! I am probably crazy for wanting this in our front yard...but I think it is a cool way to announce to the neighborhood that our daughter arrived! It warmed up to about 30 degrees on Christmas Eve so we all headed out to quickly get some pictures!
I hope that everyone had a much healthier Christmas than our family! We definitely will not forget Addisen's first Christmas - I just hope that next year is a lot less eventful!

No comments: