Sunday, January 31, 2010

We've Been Busy!!!

Sorry for the long delay in updating the blog once again. January seems to have flown by, but looking back I can see why!

We started out the month with a visit from Jim's family. His mom, dad, brother Dave and Niece and Nephew were able to make the trip from Pennsylvania. Brody got to enjoy hanging out with Sydney and Dylan for almost a week! It was a great time to see everyone play!
Brody was also excited because there were more christmas presents!

He showed Sydney and Dylan how to unwrap presents with is power drill!

Dylan quickly got the hang of it with his screwdriver!


The kids spent a morning at the Children's Museum with Jim and Dave. They had a great time exploring!
Everyone loves bubbles!
We ended the month with a milestone birthday for Jim! I tried my best to pull off a surprise party for him the Saturday before his birthday. I made it all the way up until the day of the party before he started to become suspicious. I had our neighbor take him out for the day while I got things set around the house. By the time he was on his way home I had figured out that he was suspecting something, little did I know that our neighbor had told him all about the party! I guess he just couldn't take the pressure when Jim started questioning him! It still turned out to be a great night!
On his birthday we celebrated with my mom and dad (using the other half of the cream puff cake I made for the surprise party!). Brody had a great time singing and blowing out the candles for Jim!
Brody has also kept us very busy! The terrible two's have officially started! Every little thing we do seems to be wrong and leads to a melt down! Unfortunately for me Jim will be traveling this whole next week! I told him that he may come home to find either Brody or I living outside! I have my fingers crossed that there will be a miracle and he will turn back in to the little boy that enjoys his mommy (at all times!).
While Jim's mom was at her house she inspired me to try crocheting. It seems that Brody has also been inspired! He carried around one of the hooks and the square I had made all day today! He was so cute trying to wind the yarn around his "stick".

No comments: