Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fifty One Weeks

He is a little boy!

Fifty One Weeks! Only 7 more days until my little baby is one!!! I can't believe how fast this year has gone...I seriously can remember being in labor like it was yesterday! Some days I really miss being home with him last fall - it is true that you only remember the good memories. Because I do know that there were days when I just didn't know what to do with myself because I had no adults to talk to! Now I think I could easily stay home with Brody because he interacts with us so much and entertains himself so you can actually get a few things done. I told Jim that it was amazing to me how much we can now get done in one day - this morning we ran some errands, painted the garage door, mowed the lawn, edged the driveway, made a real dinner, vacuumed, prepared squash for tomorrow (trying something new) and now Jim is preparing beef for beef jerky and I am sitting here updating the blog - who knew only one year later we would be back to living a somewhat normal life!


Sometimes I just can't help but watch him sleep at night!

Since I last updated the blog I went on my first "girls weekend" to go wine tasting in southwest Michigan. I had a lot of fun and Jim enjoyed his time with Brody. He ended up taking him to get his haircut - which I did not know about before I left! It did turn out really cute - but he looks like a little boy now. We also went camping again last weekend - it was a beautiful weekend and we had a great time. There was a small festival going on in the town we went to (Cedar Springs Red Flannel Days) so we decided to go to the children's parade. We all got set up in our lawn chairs, watched the parade from start to finish in 3 minutes and then headed down to the petting zoo (it was pretty funny how small the parade was but the kids enjoyed it).


They had a llama at the petting zoo!
Jim thought it was a good idea to have a 5 year old drive Brody around in her new F150 (this is why boys need their dads)!

In the last week Brody found out how to stand. Last Sunday when we got back from camping Jim and I were in the living room with him and looked up and saw him standing at his toys....we couldn't believe it! But before we could get a picture he had fallen down and did not attempt to stand again. By Tuesday he was standing in his crib at daycare and refusing to take naps. Wednesday night he stood for me again but Jim was gone to a football game. Finally on Friday night he really started standing a lot and this weekend we ended up rearranging the living room so that he would be barricaded in - it made it a lot easier to keep track of him and he had a huge area to play in.

Brody Standing (for the first time on film!)


Just hanging around!

We are getting ready for Brody's 1st Birthday Party next Sunday. We decided not to do anything too big since he won't really know what is going on. I will make sure to post pictures next week.

Overall, Brody is doing well with his breathing - we are now doing nebulizer treatments two times a day with an inhaled steroid. He will be going to see the allergist in about 2 weeks where I am guessing he will be tested for allergies and asthma (to confirm his diagnosis and make sure he is on the best therapy).

Hope everyone is having a great start to Fall!

Here is a video of Brody when he was first learning how to use the walker (or is it jumper?)

1 comment:

The Kemps said...

He has grown SO fast! I can't believe he's almost a year!! LOVE seeing the pics! Felicia Kemp