Monday, June 16, 2008

Thirty Three - Thirty Four Weeks

Happy Father's Day!!!

It seems like I am turning into the every other week blogger! I was doing so well but now that the weather is so nice it seems like we don't spend a lot of time sitting around at night. Brody has had another eventful two weeks. The day after I posted last time we ended up taking Brody into my work in hopes that there was a doctor around at 7pm on a Friday night because he was wheezing again! I may be a little more paranoid since he was hospitalized the last time he sounded like that - so I am sure Jim thinks I am crazy at times! Luckily one of the physicians was just finishing up for the night and he saw Brody - he ended up getting a breathing treatment and a steroid shot before we headed home. We followed up with our primary physician on Monday and it was decided that some further testing should be done to rule out Cystic Fibrosis since he has had so many respiratory infections. So we took Brody in for the Sweat Test last Thursday - it was pretty interesting to see what they did. They hooked two electrodes to his arm for about 6 minutes to stimulate his sweat glands and then we had to wait for 30 minutes while this little device on his arm collected his sweat. They then would test it to see the level of chloride in his sweat which would tell whether he had cystic fibrosis or not. Lucky for us I work at the doctor's office so we got the results by the end of the day on Thursday - It was NEGATIVE!!! So now we will just wait to see a pulmonologist to see if they think that Brody may have asthma. Until then we have everything we need to give him breathing treatments if he starts to wheeze again. He is sounding a lot better now - the only thing we are dealing with now is that he doesn't want to eat his formula anymore...so we have been struggling to get him to eat even 4 oz at a time.




Brody enjoys hanging upside down and being thrown in the air!

Jim had a nice 1st Father's Day yesterday. My parents and brother came to have a cookout and then Jim and I headed to the local park with Brody. It was an eventful trip! Lucky for us the park is only about 5 minutes from our house because by the time we got there we went to get Brody out of the car and he had poop everywhere! It was in his hands and all over his seat! We got back in the car and headed home! After we cleaned him up we headed back out and actually got to get out of the car. Unfortunately we forgot to bring the camera but I put Brody's feet in the lake for the first time and Jim took him down the slide. I think it was probaly more fun for Jim and I then it was for Brody!


He still loves to smile!

Brody knows exactly what to do when mom gets out the camera!



I hope that everyone had a great Father's Day weekend! I will try to post closer to a weekly basis!!!

No comments: